Monday, July 9, 2012

The Cable Spool: Repurposed

Holy long time no blog batman! Sorry for the break but I felt that this lateset DIY was worth mentioning. With the help of some great neighbors (and hubby) I was able to welcome this gorgeous new addition to our living room!


THE CABLE SPOOL COFFEE TABLE!


If you are lucky enough to get your hands on an old cable spool then you will be lucky enough to sport one of these bad boys in your abode.  The great thing about these babies is that there are so many ways you can fit it to your personality.  They are all over the net but I didn't quite find one that stole my heart. 

I find that I rely too much on the internet.  It really makes me sad sometimes.  No...really.  I can slowly feel my own creativity getting lost.  So after a little while I put down my computer...and my phone...and my Kindle and I just went with it!  The Chalkboard Cable Spool Coffee Table was born!!

I love it so much!  My baby boy had been dying to use it.  He finally convinced me with his sweet, sweet voice...

"Mama, may I please color with the chalk on the chocolate table?  Please, mama??"

 *Sigh* There were a couple things I couldn't resist about that sentence.  One, his sweet manners.  Two, the fact that he describes everything that is black as "chocolate".  Good thing I have my SMASH book to jot all that cuteness in to remind me of when he grows older and less cute :) 

So here it is being put to use (2 hours before it's recommended curing time)!


Just pretend you can't see the random smeared white dots.  I didn't pay attention to the weather and left it outside in the rain before the wood filler had time to dry...oops!  Good thing I have teenage awesomeness next door!  Thanks Atikus for moving it in for me while I was out!!!  It has been spot treated with left over paint and is perfect now. Yay.

It fits so perfect!


Here are the guys doing all the hard work..Thanks y'all!


I hope you all are inspired to try one of your own!

Living, Loving, Crafting.

Chris
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment